PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus pilot not observing social distancing guidelines
Old 6th Apr 2020, 19:23
Check Airman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
You and I do not know what clearance /instructions the Cirrus were given , passing judgement on an out of nowhere self made video clip and 2 transmissions is not my cup of tea.
As I said earlier there are many ways possible. Having been on both sides of the mike I can give you one that could fit this scenario : " taxi to gate keep clear of the A320 pushing back ... " Keeping clear for the controller is stay behind and wait, but can for the pilot be taxi clear and overtake .. . Or the taxi instructions given were confusing , etc..
If it was visual separation , and after all it worked, Not nice , yes I grant you that, but a risk of collision no . Investigation yes, but it not necessarily the Cirrus pilot that will receive the biscuits,
In which jurisdiction does “keep clear” permit you to taxi under the wing of an aircraft?

To my knowledge, the FAA doesn’t explicitly prohibit this, but “careless or reckless operation” comes to mind. Part 91.13