PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus pilot not observing social distancing guidelines
Old 6th Apr 2020, 19:00
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Check Airman
Who’s at fault when the Cirrus goes under the wing of an A320? The tug driver? ATC? I try to avoid speculation, but in this case, I can’t imagine a plausible scenario where the Cirrus wasn’t at fault. If you can, I’m willing to change my mind.
You and I do not know what clearance /instructions the Cirrus were given , passing judgement on an out of nowhere self made video clip and 2 transmissions is not my cup of tea.
As I said earlier there are many ways possible. Having been on both sides of the mike I can give you one that could fit this scenario : " taxi to gate keep clear of the A320 pushing back ... " Keeping clear for the controller is stay behind and wait, but can for the pilot be taxi clear and overtake .. . Or the taxi instructions given were confusing , etc..
If it was visual separation , and after all it worked, Not nice , yes I grant you that, but a risk of collision no . Investigation yes, but it not necessarily the Cirrus pilot that will receive the biscuits,