PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2020, 17:28
mijbil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day Dominican and to the other regular contributors to this thread. As advised, I have gone through them right back to the beginning in 2006 when you, D, were considering ANA. Clearly it's been a good run since then for you and others. Back on March 19th you posted this
Originally Posted by The Dominican
The shield of invincibility with this contract is simply not there, the whole reassurance that the company "will keep hiring" is based on hope more than financial reality.

The effects of this long term are still unknown, for the first time on all the years that I've been here I'm getting the feeling that unless the pandemic doesn't begin to subside in the next couple of months this could very well be the end of AJX.
Obviously, everyone's crystal ball is a bit cloudy these days. Are you still thinking that it's game over three weeks after that post? I had thought of applying to ANA before this whole circus began, and was trimming down my 'fat bastard index' (BMI) to below 29. The ad is still up on Crew, CAE/Parc, Longreach, and Rishworth. The guys from my old company who are there now told me to go with Crew these days.
This will reverse itself and even if it does not come back to Dec 2019 levels for travel, there will (I think) still be a worldwide pilot shortage. I know that here in North America the flying schools are certainly not as full as they used to be (the next generation) and even prior to this massive downturn, the regionals and small operators were feeling the pinch. What is your guess for the future at AJX ? Are the Japanese going to keep you guys on, knowing that it will pass or at least offer some sort of 'layoff' - however that might work for a contractor? Thanks for the reply.