PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2020, 15:47
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ROC10
Isn't a warm, dry climate (like Tenerife’s) preferable for storage over one like the UK’s? If so, that may have been a factor in their decision to leave it there rather than position it back here empty, which I believe they probably could have done (in a short window) had they wanted to.
Possibly, though despite the warmer climate I was genuinely curious as to how salty the air is around TFS given how close it is to the sea. I'm also mindful of how the 727 that's been abandoned at FAO (another airport in close proximity to the sea and has cooler winters than TFS) for a very long time now has been getting more dilapidated every time I pass through there. It's been a long time since I was last at TFS and I guess TUI aren't that concerned if they've kept it there since the grounding 13 months ago.

I'm aware Icelandair moved some of their MAX's to France last autumn as it became clear the grounding wasn't going to be lifted and being conscious of the damage the Icelandic winter could do to the aircraft. Am I right in thinking Norwegian still have a MAX parked at TFS that became stranded at the same time as the TUI example?