PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2020, 11:33
asuweb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
banterbus

I agree in part with both Big X and Banterbus. Using the GOV job retention scheme is indeed a very prudent and sensible business move. It simply makes sense - it's effectively free money and will increase the sustainability of the cash reserves the company has. However the communication has to date in my opinion been lacking. The letter we all received was half baked, and unintentionally (I have no doubt) caused a lot of anxiety and uncertainty to a lot of staff. Almost a week on and the fact is, there's not one of us employees who have been furloughed, who have any firm idea of what we may or may not be paid this month or in the months to come. Yes, we all assume there will be an uplift of some kind, but that is actually only an assumption - I'm 100% certain it's a correct assumption, as our Management do actually care, but still, it is an assumption. So yes, I agree the use of the furlough scheme is a good thing, but let's not pretend the communication around has been anything other than dismal.