PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hanging one side low
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2020, 09:54
bryancobb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Bryan - perhaps it is you who is wound too tight I didn't say the MR and TR were not propellers in the strict definition of one - just that nobody in the rotary world calls them that.

Talking about propellers when you mean rotors is surely a quick way to confuse newbies.

I've only been teaching helicopter stuff for 31 years so I probably don't have a clue.......................................

CFSH has quite a good reputation worldwide but its easy to knock if you haven't experienced it.
Well THIS 34 year helicopter guy (87-17 Royal Blue Ft. Rucker) will continue to refer to the rotors as propellers
sometimes, as well as air-pumps, egg-beaters, paddles that thump the air, a "a big fan that keeps the pilot cool."
LOL Because if it stops...watch the pilot start sweating.

In your defense, I work as an engineer in advanced composites for Meggitt, a pretty large aerospace manufacturing
company. A few of my peers at work are wound a little too tight also and they used to give me grief for my red-neck
analogies. After several years there (in my 6th) they have learned that I can often "get-through" to someone when
they can't.

Bryan