PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of the Airlines.
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2020, 02:27
navstar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by navstar1
I totally agree at the moment the people in South Island have no options to depart Christchurch for an international flight back home. I know that as soon as it is safe to do so that such flights will come back on but we will all have to be very patient and abide by the stage 4 regulations.

I would like to place on record the extreme kindness and help we have received and continue to do so from the New Zealand people they have been fantastic and we are so grateful.

One point for all you legal experts out there. Have just received a round robin from the chairman of a very well known international airline saying how sorry for cancellations, delays and dropping us all in it etc. It contained the astonishing offer that the unused portions of our tickets will be held as a flight credit on the airline to use by March 21. No mention or offer of a refund instead. My understanding is that in addition to having a duty of care as they cancelled our flights they also MUST offer a full refund for the unused portion of our tickets. Any comments please as I think this is disgraceful.
An update on the above. The big International airlines are continuing to show confirmed flights on their booking web sites, taking bookings and then cancelling the flights with no explanation and only offering credits for flights in the future. People in this part of the world are starting to obtain a collection of these credits which are absolutely useless in this situation. They are now scared to book flights as they expect the same thing to happen. Surely this situation with flight credits cannot be allowed to continue. Is it not time for the aviation authorities to take firm action to prevent this sort of behaviour ?