PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2020, 21:34
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buttscratcher
Hey Dom, gtseraf, and all.
Hope you guys are all ok over there.
I guess commuting back home is out of the question for a while.

I'm not looking for a job, but I thought I'd ask how this is affecting Japan Aviation and life in general.
Looking online, there's no real info on how much frequency JAL and ANA have lost.
Qantas, for example, has cancelled all international flying, and is down to about 30% domestic.
Australian State boarders are closed, and Pubs, Restaurants shutdown, and outside gatherings are limited to 2 people.
What's the story over there?

Stay safe guys
More of the same, many international cancellations but the domestic side of things has continued although there is a little reduction there as well. The cargo side of things has continued fairly strong but we are confined to quarters when we overnight, many folks requested leave on April as did I but I'm stuck in Japan since many flights and destinations got cancelled so I had to stay, I hope that I'll be able to get back home later on, let's see.

For May we don't know but the fact that there hasn't been further reductions is encouraging, ANA is in a better position than most economically so they will ride the storm ok.