PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government Loan to Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2020, 21:06
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about the government stops pretending it knows the outcome or knows better on everything. Their arrogance is incredible.

The beauty of being an island is that we had the answers to the test before it started yet, they still pretended they didn’t. Breathtaking arrogance. Anyone watch four corners coronavirus episode? It shows Lewis Hamilton talking in a press conference for the Formula 1 in Melbourne where he says something along the lines of “I just can’t believe we are still sitting here doing this”. Or even better, the comments from the non government doctors interviewed.

Regardless of which uniform you wear, your government didn’t perform and have now left all of us with our arses hanging out when it could have been so different.

Government and business has been more than happy to have its snout in the aviation trough for decades, maybe the wheel can turn for a year or so while Airlines get through the period.

Italy, after a terrible start have locked down 60 million people and it’s showing some early results. Having said that, there is already talk of relaxing the measures as the citizens are growing tired of the restrictions. I hope it doesn’t lead to round two for them. I also noted yesterday, the Chinese leaders wearing face masks despite saying its all fixed. Yeah right.

The sad truth is that it only takes one infected person to enter a country that has “solved” the problem to start it all over again. Times have changed, until there is a vaccine. Even with a vaccine it takes time to distribute it and then there is the issue of either Antivax or inability or lack of carefactor to access the vax. I think International travel could be the ultimate victim of the virus.

What isn’t widely known is that in some cases a recovery isn’t really a recovery. Patients live but are left with scarring and reduced lung function for life. That’s one has been kept quiet along with the percentages of young in ICU.

Last edited by Berealgetreal; 5th Apr 2020 at 22:53.