PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737ng speed brake operation after bounced landing
Old 5th Apr 2020, 14:45
HeyLucas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by de facto
Hi there,

The ground spoliers will deploy as soon as the right main gear compresses or wheel spins AND thrust levers idle.
The bounce came as you had thrust during touchdown and possibly some rate of descent.

What buggs me is that you didnt realise your sink rate until 20ft.
Are you looking outside?the runway should rise at the aiming point about 40 feet in a standard rate of descent and about 30 feet at the 2/3 runway point.
If you didnt realized your sink,it only means you need to force yourself looking outside(rather than flying with feel of pants) and to initiate the flare as the runway rises...just follow the rise with an increase in pitch as you close the thrust levers.

If you ever get in a hard bouce i suggest you go around and do practice it in the sim before...
sounds like a very exprienced idea! Good to know, thx for sharing. When you say the wheel spins and with throttle idle, do you mean the right wheel spins?Or any wheel spins with the throttle idle can enable the ground spoiler deploys?
My idea is only with the left wheel spins and throttle idle, the ground spoiler will not deploy untill the right strut or the right wheel spin?
Am I right?