PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your airline doing?
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2020, 14:29
plikee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the_stranger
Everyone in the Netherlands, employed at a Dutch company gets the same rules, not just pilots.

So anyone earning 9500 euro or more gets 9500 euro, it is that simple.
Feel however you want, it is how it is. The Idea behind this program is to keep the economy going by everybody spending the normal amount of money. Therefore you need roughly the same income.

Personally I have enough to get fired and live like nothing happend for a whole year, but am still mightely glad I get full pay. It either keeps my emergency funds untouched longer or, if I somehow keep my job, it can get used when the paycuts come.
I think you got my message wrong. Nothing against who earns that amount or more, regardless what they job is. However the taxpayer shouldn't be paying for such high limit. How many people earns that amount there? Isn't that nearly 3 times above minimum wage? How can a government justify to only pay 90% of Mr. De Jong's minimum wage, but at the same time throwing €9500 a month to someone, just to keep they living standards? Sounds like senior management who forces pay cuts across the workforce but keeps theirs the same. Do you think Mr. De Jong will be spending money to boost and keep the economy going? It is just food for thought.