PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2020, 13:14
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rampmole
I have just been in correspondence with the hotel I am meant to be staying at in Mallorca from the 1st of may and been told that Jet2 have informed the hotel that the earliest flights will be starting back up is mid June yet the website still shows as flights available and going from May 1st. Can anybody shed any light?? I have a large group booking and constantly getting asked the question are we going, are we not, are we getting money back, are we not. I am aware the goalposts are moving on a daily basis but if they have made hoteliers aware they are not flying till mid June why are they still selling flights for May?
At this stage earliest flights to resume mid-June, and sales suspended for operations prior to that (press article). However, should things change for the better (unlikely) then the start date can be brought forward.

Your refund will obviously take months to organise. All airlines are in the same boat. If the government/FCO extends the non-essential travel ban beyond 17th April you can claim on your travel insurance (providing it was purchased prior to COVID-19).