PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2020, 11:53
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PAXboy
Before this has fully played out, I expect there to be civil unrest with Food being the number one category. No one can say where or when but do not be surprised when it happens.
8 weeks ago with my lad built up food stock well before the panic craze, had been working away so there was little in house anyway and he living elsewhere. Once we had stocked up we split it and put large container of food away into the attic in a bugger to get to place. If we get to needing to go there then a different plan comes into play which involves exiting place of abode.

The events have played out as I saw it to now but final stage is the one below.

When supemarkets have no longer any food, supply chain is exhausted and people are hungry then I view the civil unrest because of food likely to occur. However allied with attacks on food stores which will be defended by police, will be attacks on homes which are then stripped of food. I think we are a way way off that yet but will revise that in 3 months.

Friends keep reminding me that Transit van to Ireland full of food is still an excellent option as ferrys still running, hell they said just take the transit and don't worry about the food if TSHTF. I am hopeful that will not be the case ever.