PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2020, 08:36
flocci_non_faccio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People will still go on holiday. Brits always find the money to get away in the summer. It absolutely will be seen as a priority, as soon as restrictions are lifted. There's also going to be a huge impetus behind efforts to get tourism going again in Spain, Greece etc. Business travel and city break type flying will suffer, but I suspect package holiday companies will come out of this bruised and battered but not terminally wounded.

It appears to me that this bug is about to devastate the world we know and the future, well I'm not sure our politicians are suited to extract us in the best manner.
The reaction to this virus will prove in time to be the most catastrophic overreaction imaginable. There seems to be a notion floating around that life must be saved at all costs. The harsh reality is that life does have a monetary value attached to it. President Trump is the only politician so far who seems to have been brave enough to acknowledge that at some point the balance is going to tip and we're going to have to get on with our lives, even though doing so is going to cause deaths.