PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2020, 22:02
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
It's not like that anymore as the IL-76 has been banned from EU airspace since 01 April 2002.

But London Stansted Airport has and does see it's fair share of cargo operators although obviously the variety isn't what it once was.

Whilst we're on the subject of cargo operators that previously used London Stansted Airport over the years perhaps we can compile a list of scheduled airline's that operated pure cargo flights.

I'm NOT listing ad-hoc cargo flights as there has been numerous airline's operating those into London Stansted over the years.

Here is a brief list of airlines that previously operated "SCHEDULED" pure cargo flights into London Stansted Airport, some of them were short lived such as examples like the Lufthansa Cargo, Japan Airlines Cargo and Singapore Airlines Cargo flights.

Any additional airline's that I have missed feel free to add.

Aeroflot Cargo
Air France Cargo
Air Hong Kong
British Airways World Cargo
CargoLogic Air
Cathay Pacific Cargo
Dragonair Cargo
Egypt Air Cargo
Emery Worldwide?
Etihad Airways Cargo
Global Supply Systems
Japan Airlines Cargo
Korean Air Cargo
Lufthansa Cargo
NCA Nippon Cargo Airlines
Singapore Airlines Cargo
Silk Ways Cargo Airlines
BA World Cargo don't have any freighters, it's either in pax aircraft bellies or sub-contracted freighters, at Cargo Lion we operated DC8's for BA ex LGW until they wanted the slots for pax so moved us to STN, then came the B747 mob who's name escapes me