PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2020, 19:51
banterbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sloping_roof
Big X I couldn't agree more!

We have had OSI’s telling us everything is ok, we are financially well placed. Philip allegedly wandering the crew room saying we can go for 400 days without any Ops. Followed by a period of silence and then a letter saying sorry your now being furloughed.

I think it has been handled very badly by an airline that is promoting the strapline "Jet2cares". It might all turn out alright, but at the moment PM doesn't appear to care very much about his staff who are all sat at home wondering how they are going to pay their mortgages.
I couldn't disagree more. We are financially well placed, and at no point have they said that this situation is OK. Why wouldn't they furlough us?? They would be insane not to. I'm surprised you didn't see that one coming!

I think our company has handled this very well; I appreciate the fact that this can't be a simple thing to sort out. I would much rather any decisions made by our management are considered, and as effective as possible to ride this out with all jobs intact.

Then put yourself in their shoes, they must be playing out an incredible amount of possibilities right now. What happens if this continues into Autumn? What is the outcome at our popular destinations? What about training and currency for each scenario? etc etc. The contingencies for the company must be endless, and as we have been told, the priority is to be ready when this blows over, for the inevitable pent up demand that is going to be there for the taking.

It is clear to me that they are soon to come to an agreement that is not going to be just the standard furlough amount, and we should remember that there are a lot more pilots working for other airlines in different countries that are not going to be looked after like this - you should be grateful.

Maybe this is a wake up call to those that maybe over-stretch themselves financially. Go and speak to a financial advisor about how much accessible cash one should hold on to for these kind of eventualities.

Have faith in an owner and CEO who do actually care about the company!