PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for the Covid Graduates
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2020, 18:22
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll be more likely to get a job as an instructor than an airline job in the next 24 months. As a career instructor and examiner I know already there is tonnes of work for me after this, refresher flights, revalidations, training and currency, sure there will be some who now cannot afford to continue but the only pilot shortage that has ever existed has not been in the airline market recently but in the instructional market. It is an investment though and one for you to decide on, speak to some schools and see if they'll fund you/provide you with some job ideas at the end.

Unfortunately you are now learning the pitfalls of joining the aviation industry without at least some post school education, not necessarily university. I strongly suggest during the lockdown you take whatever job opportunities you can, I know pilots currently working in hospital jobs, delivery drivers and they were recently flying airliners who have unfortunately had owners that have gone to the wall.

With unemployment set to rise you'll need to act fast. Hopefully you don't have too much debt. If you do become an instructor you're going to need to live and breathe it and not think of the end goal of an airliner for a while. Instructing is fantastic but it isn't for everyone. Good luck!