PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2020, 17:59
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not panicking, Riskybis, just treating this situation with the seriousness that it demands. Covid 19 won’t exterminate us all, but it is putting the economy in by far the worst situation that it has ever been in. Recovering from that will not be a picnic. People , even hitherto affluent people, will be far too busy trying to make sense of their lives , & far too impecunious, to resume traveling; & the travel infrastructure will have, to a large degree, disappeared. That may include VIR - & any other airline that you care to mention. If Governments consider that they have greater uses for our money than subsidizing airlines which may , nevertheless, soon cease to exist , then there won’t be any handouts, & a lot of them will go out of business. I do not want this to happen - & I have important personal reasons to hope that it doesn’t - but there may well be things of far greater importance than our cherished airlines taking priority in the queue for funds. I have a travel voucher from UAE , which covers my flights to the Seychelles. I am not overly optimistic that I am going to have the opportunity to use it within the next 18 months, at least. Keep smiling.