PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVID and the Military
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2020, 10:35
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GlobalNav
This Captain, commander of thousands of crew members, tried to take care of his people. Something his commander-in-chief and henchmen know nothing about nor respect. I salute this Captain, he did nothing that diminished our national security. Nothing that was irreversible. Retreat to fight another day is a well understood military measure. We must care for and care about those who go into harm’s way for our sake. Shame on SecNav and those in authority over him. Do we not value the investment we have in these crew members and the time and resources it would take replace them, even if we disregard their lives and well-being?
Nothing to do with C-i-C as naval personnel made the call on this. Let their procedures follow their course but to assumme everybody had an input is wrong.

I believe he did the right thing and those in the chain of command likely will understand that as well BUT if he got away with it then danger is someone would do similar in the future. Lets see what happens as it works its way out.