PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government Loan to Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2020, 04:00
RedClaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the fact that everyone has a crystal ball. I love the fact that we are in the middle of a health crisis that is causing the biggest economic reset in history, and all you can do is discuss how a company will collapse taking with it 1000s of people.

Yes JB spent a truckload of money, and yes the company has tried every strategy to compete with the competition, and yes it’s ok to take sides, you love VA or you love Qantas, Tiger, Jetstar or whoever... I hate the bulldogs,, but I don’t want their team to be taken out of the NRL comp because they go bankrupt, they provide for a good competition.

If you all think that Aviation as a whole does not need more cash through this... you are delusional, including Qantas the whole industry will need support now, in 3 months time, in 6 months time and most likely the next 2 years. The Australian economy will need affordable air services to recover. For the love of god, let the industry leaders and government sort this out, it is truly above your pay scale..