PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 21:52
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZULUBOY
I was due to fly with Tui (flight only) on Sunday. Should I still sit tight and wait for them to call me or should I now be trying to give them a call to get a refund?
Holidays are officially cancelled until 16 April (but it will obviously be longer than this) so your flight will not be departing.

Disappointing that they haven’t contacted you at this late stage, I know that holidays are the priority but flight only are paying customers too. I’d imagine you'll certainly get a refund but perhaps it will happen automatically and you won’t need to call them? Either way, I feel like you should have at least received an (automated) email.

I’m due to fly with them flight only in July which is still a while away so I’m hopeful but certainly not confident that it will go ahead. I understand it’s a fast-moving situation but I certainly hope we receive slightly better communication than you have.

EDIT
Just checked their website and they don’t mention refunds for customers departing before 16 April so you may not get one (whether or not they are actually allowed to deny you one I’m not sure, someone else will likely know)...

If your booking is for a flight or a hotel stay – not as part of a package – you’ll be able to move your booking to a later date for free.

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/i...avel-suspended