PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Basic Experience Reduction
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 19:28
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Aerodav
Thanks for your answer. Well aware of the certification process and Part 145 implications....Actually painting is done i.a.w. the AMM / maintenance publications and the painting shop has the expertise even though a Part 145 has to release the work so I would argue that the experience as painter is aircraft maintenance experience.
Im afraid that you’re wrong again. Painting is not done iaw the AMM, It is done with reference to the AMM (and also in UK to GR10) but iaw the MODIFICATION for the particular paint scheme which states the paint set to be used, materials, mixes and processes to be used for Preparation, stripping, washing, repainting and recovery to CRS...this is a job that I’ve been doing quite recently for a few years.

I have no doubt that the capabilities of most painters within their trade cannot be replicated in the slightest by most engineers of any kind but, as stated earlier, that does not make their job classified as ‘Skilled Work’ in many engineering and maintenance industries.

I genuinely wish you the best of luck in obtaining your goal of an engineers licence and I know the road to success is always strewn with rocks in your way. But the only way through is to clear them away, one by one.