PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK government says no industry-wide bailout for aviation
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 18:18
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Private jet
A company on the companies register in Jersey is a Jersey registered company. What part of that do you not understand?
I understand that perfectly well thanks, it’s clear that most would be able to see the argument that I was making. People have suggested that BA have no right to be bailed out by the U.K. taxpayer because the holding company that holds the shares is registered in Spain and by implication that it isn’t a British airline. That’s essentially a technicality in a situation like this, the airline is operationally a U.K. airline, it contributes enormously to U.K. coffers through paying corporation tax and employing tens of thousands of U.K. based employees who carry the British flag to all corners of the globe. I very much doubt that if push came to shove and there was a rescue package needed it would be denied because IAG (the holding company) is registered in Spain. Anyway if you want to throw your toys out the pram and storm off because someone disagrees with you on what constitutes nationality then fine, it’s clear that it’s a pretty pointless debate anyway.