PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Basic Experience Reduction
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 13:38
Aerodav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rigga
No. Although painting is subbed out it is not actually classed as maintenance because the paint Company / Facility does not hold a Part 145 approval....unless you’re doing the (Part 145) maintenance attached to the paint job such as; removing wipers and drains, bare metal inspections, repairs, post paint inspections and acceptances, CofG calc’s, etc.
Thanks for your answer. Well aware of the certification process and Part 145 implications. I just find odd that "skilled worker" training such as let's say car mechanic apprenticeship would reduce the required experience for up to 2 years within some CAA's however actual skilled worker experience related to (but not equivalent to) aircraft maintenance do not qualify for any kind of reduction like 1 year / 20%.

Actually painting is done i.a.w. the AMM / maintenance publications and the painting shop has the expertise even though a Part 145 has to release the work so I would argue that the experience as painter is aircraft maintenance experience. Obviously not only painting experience would be enough for the license hence I saw reasonable some kind of reduction scheme which I now understand does not exist.

Anyway this is a different topic not related to the question and hope this thread is of help to other members