PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 11:53
jamestkirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MJR

I understand your points but if thats the case why is there numerous requests on facebook etc. by ex employees, to sign a petition for a state run airline. To be honest meaning a resurrection of flybe. Or the letter sent to the Chancellor by staff saying:Your government has committed to ‘levelling up the country’ and to supporting regional connectivity. In these difficult days, weeks and months this country will need the transport infrastructure that only Flybe can offer, which in turn will stimulate our economy not only though (sic) this connectivity but also by protecting jobs for pilots, cabin crew, engineers and support staff through airports and local suppliers.

“We believe this can be achieved quickly with a dynamic workforce of skilled professionals who are ready to ‘get back to work’ to support our economy, business, travel and tourism by providing regional connectivity that is accessible across the United Kingdom.

All i was saying is that the chances of a resurrection based on the above is virtually nil . Other regionals have and will step in to fill the profitable gaps. This I am sure will offer opportunities to ex flybe staff and I hope the best for them. However, it is extremely important for expectations to be founded in a sense of reality regarding the situation.

Just for clarity.

Last edited by jamestkirk; 3rd Apr 2020 at 13:27. Reason: Spelling mistake