PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights into the UK...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 10:48
old,not bold

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Del Prado
Possibly but I don’t think anyone’s coming on their holidays. I believe everyone on these aircraft is heading home and is expected to self isolate for 14 days. Would keeping them corralled at the airport together for 8 hours be any safer?
In a word, yes, provided that the corralling is in order to test and get the result for each person, and for those who are positive to be taken to an isolation facility under isolated conditions, so that they cannot infect at least 5 other people on their way to self-isolation. Those who test negative still need to self-isolate when they get home for 14 days. Has the present Government got the awareness and balls to do that. In another word, no. Just like their pathetic failure to provide proper PPE in sufficient quantities in the right places because for many weeks they ignored warnings that they needed to get their fingers out and actually do something. With the result that my daughter is now being re-purposed from being a Consultant Anaesthetist to working in one of the "Nightingale" hospitals with totally inadequate PPE. At the moment, when she gets home after a 24-hour shift (made necessary by staff shortages from years of underfunding aggravated by 25% self-isolating because they cant't get tested) she has the pleasure of listening to morons telling the world from lecterns in No 10 that it's not their fault, before she collapses with sheer exhaustion. But she's really glad that BoJo has just discovered and announced that testing is the key to defeating the virus. Wow; no-one knew that, did they? All BoJo needs to do now is magic up the millions of test kits by shouting at the industry to make more, as he should have done in January. Pity the political and medical establishment didn't learn from history, pandemic modelling exercises, other countries' experiences and advice.