PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying club ops and Corona virus
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 02:05
GAGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by homonculus
So I presume you drive to the airfield never needing to refuel, pay tolls, open gates and never break down. Get the aircraft out single handed. Refuel yourself. Go flying without any maintenance or ATC. Never need support and never have an accident. no food or drink.

You clean your aircraft completely including removing floor panels and washing with disinfectant that you have approval for. You have a policy for absorbant surfaces that is approved by a virologist.

The reality is you have a contaminated aircraft and you are so selfish you are requiring other people to break isolation or stay-ay-home and put themselves at risk for your selfish hobby. No wonder the US has overtaken China in cases. Every time you do this another person's risk of dying increases. Here in the UK we are struggling to cope, Young healthy people are dying and many healthcare workers will die - one of my OR nurses died yesterday. The US in some states is far worse and California is one of them. I try not to rant on pprune but may i make an exception here please?
Good grief, lots of judgement here.

Let me address your concerns one at a time. I've flown once in the last month to maintain currency, which in California is designated a necessary activity. I live 3 miles from the airfield and don't interact with anyone there or back. The planes are on tie-downs out in the open. The field is a designated critical resource, so fully staffed whether I show up or not. The gas truck is sitting mostly idle. AJ the fueler and I stay a good 6' apart. He's pretty bored and was looking for someone to say Hi to. I disinfected the plane myself per club guidelines and with the club materials. I do admit I didn't pull up the floorboards or dismantle the engine. By my quick calculation, the plane has flown maybe 3 hours in the last 3 weeks. Not really spring break in Ft. Lauderdale.