View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 01:39
Vessbot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
So what are you suggesting, Vessbot?
This:

Originally Posted by Vessbot
But a simultaneous combination of thrust increase, along with an attitude increase with the practiced use of trim to lock it into the new attitude (which itself is known from experience) is the way to go.
I think this is a clear demonstration of the simultaneous inputs being the most proactive and neat: [...] If the initial deviation is glideslope only, then you need a simultaenous thrust change, attitude change, and trim for the TPC.
We’re on the same page then. I agree with you a hundred percent that [...] a low and on-speed is fixed with simultaneous pitch and thrust;
Yes, if you’’re doing everything right.
This “yes” is to you:
you raise the nose so you don't hit the ground. You simultaneously put the thrust up (if you need to) to to stop the speed decreasing.
I agree with Vilas; AOA has nothing to do with this discussion which is now going off on a AOA tangent.
Well the discussion is about airspeed, and since AOA determines airspeed, it has everything to do with it.

Again, you’re conflating A. whether an elevator input is made with the intention of an airspeed control, with B. whether it physically constitutes an airspeed control. They're two separate questions, and the answer to A is “probably not” while the answer to B is “yes.” And while most elevator inputs will continue to be made with the intention of controlling path and not airspeed (A), my aim is to make pilots aware that B is simultaneously occurring in the background.

B is part of the bare essentials of the reality of flight. And when stress, surprise, and task saturation cut away everything extraneous in the Asiana pilot’s mind, the bare essentials he was left with in his mind, were a mismatch to the bare essentials of the reality of flight, resulting in a fatal crash. I want to add B to the bare essentials in pilots’ minds so this isn’t repeated.

Last edited by Vessbot; 3rd Apr 2020 at 02:10.