PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ten most overpaid jobs in the US, No. 9 Pilots!?!?!
Old 20th Nov 2003, 14:10
Ailorron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who posts such tosh??!! The aspiring and desparate? Do not sell us short - aim high and hope to achieve a deserved salary one day when you have crawled up to the top. Airlines - hope to continue to attract dedicated intelligent professionals - because yet again, those of us in the know can see how the job has sadly gone downhill, and we need to continue to attract the right calibre of people. I desparately hope my co pilots will have the dedication and integrity to apply themselves adequately - no - adequate is not good enough - skillfully, intelligently, passionately, as I hope I have done for the last 24 years in this, my chosen profession, because a hell of a lot of my fellow first officers see their compatriot graduates in far better paid professions - without the negatives of time away from loved ones, fatigue, lonliness, divorce, fear of losing licence, stress of putting your neck on the line with recurrent checks, fear of some envious person reporting you for political incorrectness, a comment intended to be lighthearted, humorous, taken the wrong way, and I want to be in a good team. Have something high to aim for - then reach for it.
I chose this profession because I love aeroplanes, but I hate the envy and greed that creeps in. And hey Americans, not all Brits are pompous arrogant ****s! And I would like to echo the sentiment that when there is a problem to deal with, none of us are paid enough!