PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpaid leave - wait it out or go East
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2020, 03:39
petrichor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is affecting everyone globally. Why would you think there are jobs over that part of the world? Every airline I know of in the Far East is enforcing unpaid leave with huge uncertainty as to who will remain after this is over - just like every other country in the world. My best guess - several small time airlines will be absorbed by the bigger players and as a result, most companies will reduce contract conditions because the environment will once again favour the employer (just at a time when we all thought the pilots may enter a period of leverage with all the proposed expansions). If you look at the mainland Chinese carriers, they placed expat pilots on unpaid leave first (understandably so) - but if you think you'll have some semblance of stability uprooting your family to work as an expat in this part of the world then I urge you to think again.

If you are fortunate enough to last on unpaid leave for a year then I really don't see what your concern is. Expat packages are not what they used to be - but costs are!