PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers.
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2003, 13:53
marreeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNB yes ive done a bit of meat bombing in my time. My apologies for implying that you are a skydiver but I feel that most of the time a post is made like yours TNB that it is a skydiver, like i have said in previous posts not all skydivers have their heads in the clouds so to speak just 90% of them. I do know some jumpers that have become pilots & good ones at that some have learnt the hard way by punching the soup & getting into trouble needless to say that they havent made this mistake again!

I hear what your saying in regards to the pilot TNB however I do agree with Qnim the pilot in command is ultimately responsable for letting the jumpers get out like it or not & personally I prefer not.

Gravox im tending to side with you here, I thought a few DZ would be reputable but im starting to really question that. Pilots are always the problem you would be compared to the last pilot that would punch cloud if you say no & told ah well we will get someone else that will.

Casa will bust the pilots balls & legitimate charter companies if caught for any miniscure thing that is done wrong but parachute companies can do no wrong WAKE UP CASA!

I think the sooner that people not just pilots but the public & casa are aware of how this industry operates then the sooner it could become a clean industry that a pilot could make a half decent living off. If the operators arent doing anything wrong & look after the pilot, because without the pilot you dont have any way of getting up! then you will have nothing to worry about.

Just a quick last point to illustrate what sort of weather some of these people will get out in im currently looking through issue 16-2003 of the australian skydiver magazine & on page 33 is a photo of a couple of skydivers with bloodied faces from hail damage how could this happen if the weather was not rat **** when they got out considering air time for these people would be under 3 minutes.