PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Currency and maintenance
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2020, 17:29
LastStandards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sharpend
It seems very likely that most of us will go out of currency and our aircraft will need a service. For those like me, that may be a problem as there is no maintenance outlet that can perform an annual at my base. My currency will also be out of date, and even if I am allowed to recover it by 3 solo landings I will still have to solve the problem of an out of date Annual. The car MOT has been addressed. I wonder when aviation will catch up. Any clues?
From a purely regulatory point of view - while very much agreeing with Pilot DAR's sensible points - this remains reasonably simple, for now. 3 landings currency is only required for passenger carriage, for any other private flight you merely require a valid class rating, along with suitable medical to validate the level of licence being used at that point in time. An expired Annual and/or ARC are annoying, but fixable with an engineering inspection leading to a ferry permit (£90 to the CAA last time I had to use one, engineer's inspection usually the more expensive bit). None of it easy, but the regulatory side does remain reasonably simple.