PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What ATO's are Training
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2020, 06:16
SPDBRD1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by planesandthings
Might be good for you, but different to what I'm hearing from some of your fellow cadets who had just finished their NZ part of the training and who have been discussing it on twitter, L3 took a commercial decision not to repatriate them when they were due to because of cost. Instead they must now wait it out. I guess there's no rush as there won't be jobs for some time yet, however I'd much rather not be paying in NZD!
Nothing to do with cost. Simply not enough seats on the flights that were available when the news came out. We have not been told it was due to cost so if that is being said then that is someone making up a story. I looked at getting home by my own way (prior to flights starting again and borders reopening) and flight costs of £5,000+ and 2 weeks away was all that was available. Yes, there were cadets who were meant to finish their CPL within the next week to 10 days, but unfortunately the lockdown happened when it happened. You might be hearing it on twitter, but what you hear on twitter is usually a rant. We don't pay in NZD, we pay in GBP.