PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots worried about employment 2021
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2020, 00:26
junior.VH-LFA

Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Lapon
That mentality is exaclty what needs to be put aside.
It's the business going foward that needs to be considered, not past mis management.
My speculation as an outsider is that a new VA will closer resemble the original company anyway.

I think it's nothing more than childish for AJ saying Qantas should get $4B+ if virgin get thier $1.4B. Some of the populous get goverment handouts that I dont because they NEED them. Just because my neighbour gets a dole payment doesnt mean I need to (yet)
I don't have a dog in this "fight" at all, but you can't compare the dole and individuals to a foreign owned corporation that has directly been mismanaged to the position its in. It is entirely fair Qantas receive proportional support, VA shouldn't be allowed to end up in a better relative position because of government support and end up on a level playing field because QF didn't get the same support (yes, overly simplified for sure, but you know what I mean). COVID-19 appears to be the final nail in the coffin for VA, but it sure wasn't the first one.

The only argument you can make for a VA bailout is that it will benefit Australian's with increased competition; without that, there is very little incentive for a bailout. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

Regardless, the hurt is going to be real for all their employee's, and I wish everyone the absolute best of luck and fortune,