PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2020, 05:41
SWBKCB

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts
Unfortunately I fear that the charges Newcastle want are too much for Easyjet and they got a much better deal at Southend. If the airport could be filled with parked aircraft then it will at least keep getting some revenue.
Given that TUI have moved a/c in, and that EZY's EDI and GLA a/c moved to SEN on the same day, as well as BFS a/c moving to LPL, I expect that this is more to do with concentrating the a/c for engineering purposes than due to storage costs.

That’s probably one of the reasons why BA pulled flights
A bit chicken and egg - which came first? Suspect that it is more likely that the airfield opening times have been fixed around the flights that wanted to operate.

I’m surprised the airport can close like that, I thought as co-opted military field it would have to stay open for the military to use if they wanted too.
Still available PPR, so I'm sure it can be made available when required.

I certainly fear that many routes may not come back to Newcastle even after this is all over.
Well, London sneezes and the North-East catches a cold. NCL is one of the few airports in the UK which aren't yet back to 2007 levels. This will be more about the relative economic performance of the regions, though rather than anything the airport does in this crisis.

Last edited by SWBKCB; 31st Mar 2020 at 05:56.