PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B17 crash at Bradley
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2020, 17:43
etudiant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pilot DAR
For the B-17 accident, I cannot say if a better passenger briefing would have improved the outcome, I'm sure that the final report will present some findings. But, it would be helpful if the operators of these flights treated each flight more like a "crew mission" rather than a spin around the patch with passengers.
My Collins Foundation experience was definitely 'spin around the patch' rather than 'crew mission'. The intervals between flights were too short for anything more and there was not enough staff to do 'mission briefings' during the time the prior flight was in progress.
So I suspect that there was not enough money to do more and that the flights were aimed at generating the essential revenue to keep the endeavor afloat. So the maintenance chief squeezes the spending to cut costs, because he too wants the enterprise to survive. Here that killed him, along with other people.
I don't know how to reconcile the conflicting demands, no flights means no money to continue, but the equipment has not enough been serviced adequately because there is no money.
Is this not very similar to the Swiss Ju-52 crash a few years prior?