PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2020, 16:51
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
If it did, (a) they kept it very quiet and (b) r
​​​epaired the aircraft. The only BA/Airtours -436 loss was the one at Prestwick.
Yes I'm sure that if it happened they wouldn't have kept it quiet and whilst I'd been searching online for any incident involving a B707 at London Stansted I'd noticed that the only BA/KT B707-436 loss was the one at Prestwick.

But if you've read my posts on this thread your notice that I do have a very good memory and although I can't add anything further at this time I'm quite certain of an event of some kind involving a B707 at London Stansted Airport sometime during the seventies.

The similarity of the incident that I'm thinking of at London Stansted to the one at Prestwick is where I might have imagined it being a KT Boeing 707-436.

But we all live and learn throughout our lives even if we do think that we already know it all but I look forward to someone bringing up a story regarding some sort of incident at London Stansted Airport during the seventies but I'm grown up enough to be informed otherwise.

If it's totally proven wrong and instead it's just a figment of my imagination I can thereby ommmit it from my memory 😉