PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2020, 13:13
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willy wombat
While he has a point, this is “standard Stelios” in that he has frequently opposed fleet expansion. It might help if he and the other shareholders returned their recent dividend payment.
Yes, I recall it's not the first time Sir Stelios has objected to orders being placed. I'm not sure if souring relations with Airbus over this is the way forward, especially given that Boeing's alternative offering is currently grounded. The best he can probably hope for is deferrals on upcoming deliveries if it means payments are, in turn, deferred; though I expect there's lots of factors at play with fleet acquisitions besides how much it will cost to buy them. Some of their oldest A319's still in the fleet are almost 15 years old - how much would it cost to put one of them through a heavy check for instance?

Without going back into the specifics, I also agree that Sir Stelios and other shareholders aren't painting themselves in a positive light at the moment taking money on the one hand and one of them demanding they cancel orders instead of asking for government help on the other hand.