PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots worried about employment 2021
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2020, 01:03
junior.VH-LFA

Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
I am relaxed in regards to the COVID outbreak. As for being scared, huh. If you had lived in my shoes for a few years you would know that nothing scares me, well nothing except perhaps being a passenger in a plane that is being flown by someone like you with your poor mental health.I don’t believe Governments and I don’t believe mainstream media, and I don’t believe that the pandemic will be as bad as both of these sources are making out. I don’t wear a tinfoil hat either, but world Governments are notorious for making monumental blunders and I believe shutting down the global economy will turn out to be one of mankind’s biggest clusterf#cks. Only time will tell.
If social distancing works, then it will feel like a massive over reaction. That's kind of the point. The ideal scenario here is that it does seem "underwhelming" which means that the measures were successful. I think that's something that is going to be hard for people to reconcile in the future; it might feel like all of this is for nothing. The reality may very well be that all of this meant everything.

I agree there probably should have been a discussion of what X looks like in an equation of what damage you're willing to accept virus wise to protect the economy, but it's also probably too late for that.