PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Japan
Thread: Jetstar Japan
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2020, 00:42
JetBus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adaminkl
Thanks for the information about Jetstar Japan. Helps a lot. If you don’t mind me asking, I have few questions that I would like to ask :

1) Travel benefits. Is ZED fare provided or just within Jetstar / Qantas / JAL ?

2) Most of the contracts that I read, are mostly for 3 years. And if I’m not mistaken, you don’t have to pay tax for your first year because you’re still not considered residence. Is that true ?

3) How much is the take home salary during training and also when clear on line, after tax.

I’m currently looking for options, and Jetstar is one of them. I love Japan, I visit Japan almost every year and if given the chance, I would definitely move there. I applied from the Web for Type rated DEC and now in the middle of submitting my documents. Tried to sent message via PM but apparently your storage is full.

Thank you in advance,
Adam A.
No trouble, I'll answer as best I can.

1. ID tickets are on a rather long list of airlines. Funnily enough, despite JAL being a major investor, staff travel is technically not permitted with them. However, they still appear on the staff travel website and bookings can be made. Most get away with it but some have recieved a phone call from a manager stating not to use them after the ticket had been used.

2. The tax situation is a bit confusing. My understanding is it works on how much you earned your previous year. So first year is unknown so you're put in the lowest tax bracket. pretty close to no tax but still paying some.

3. During training you can expect roughly ¥700,000 as a captain. Once checked to line, assuming we go back to sense of normality with overtime ¥1,200,000. The payroll system changed last week so all previous payslip were lost.

Good luck, wish you all the best for whatever option you take.