PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Protective suits for cabin crew and protection for flight crew
Old 29th Mar 2020, 22:00
ILS27LEFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air China

Originally Posted by Kit Sanbumps KG
It’s hard to know where to start with that post, so I’ll be blunt: it’s uninformed trash.

There is a plethora of reliable information, very little of which is reflected in this site.

Please, close this browser window, open a new one, and do some proper research, for everyone’s sake.
Air China is taking Covid19 very seriously.
"On board, all the Air China cabin crew were in full PPE too, their names written on the back of their suits and cartoons they had drawn. During the short flight, they took our temperature again." Source Sky News UK journalist today.
Considering that China is coping well with the virus and they are left with only 2.5k active cases, the rest of the world is struggling instead and in fact there are many more active cases in the US and most European countries... it is either that Air China is over-reacting or the rest of the world is taking risks and soon will have to catch up. 133,000 active cases in the US, or 58,000 in Spain and exponentially growing by the day. These are only confirmed cases, real numbers are much higher. We will see. I hope you are right but I doubt + I do not trust greedy airline senior managers during this phase as I found it hard to trust them on the previous debate on fume events, Covid19 is much bigger than anything else we have seen before. Even in highly specialized departments in Hospitals the virus is spreading quickly and Doctors and nurses are infected in large numbers despite all precautions. This has already happened in Italy, Spain, USA, UK, etc Consultants are dying.We will see where we are in a few weeks with flights and cabin crew in Europe and the US. Hope you are right however I predict much stricter measures on board all flights in the weeks ahead.

The sad truth is that whilst in the past only flights from/to China were classified as high risk re. Covid19, now all flights should be considered high risk because of the global spread of the virus, it is a pandemic... definitely all flights from/to any country in Europe or from/to any airport in the US are very high risk these days.

Last edited by ILS27LEFT; 29th Mar 2020 at 22:18.