PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Protective suits for cabin crew and protection for flight crew
Old 29th Mar 2020, 21:49
Kit Sanbumps KG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ILS27LEFT
I do not understand how governments can mandate social distance in the open air spaces and then allow pax on a plane or even two pilots in the cockpit. The risk in between the two pilots is possibly statistically negligible however in the pax cabin I see, personally, extremely high risk of contagion. I would also include airports, airport lifts, airport lounges and toilets, boarding gates, etc Maybe we should allow only emergency flights or scheduled with cargo only without pax and no cabin crew for a few weeks. I would be terrified if I was cabin crew these days. They even found traces of polonium a few years ago on a BA flight after a well known incident with Russia. This explains how easy is to spread anything on an aircraft by touching, by sitting, by any contact really + the air obviously. Covid19 is clearly highly contagious, it is everywhere and in small confined places it must really be everywhere on seats, handles, tables, etc. Basically impossible to 100% disinfect the entire cabin after each flight. It would be interesting to see some stats re. Cabin crew rate of Covid19 infections and deaths but probably there is no data and each carrier would not divulge anyway.
It’s hard to know where to start with that post, so I’ll be blunt: it’s uninformed trash.

There is a plethora of reliable information, very little of which is reflected in this site.

Please, close this browser window, open a new one, and do some proper research, for everyone’s sake.