PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2020, 19:29
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
As generous as JfP makes them sound, all J2 have done at the moment is to pay March salaries in full. Much as I would like to think they will keep paying my full salary, the sensible thing to do would be to keep as small a skeleton staff of management and engineers as possible on a reduced salary and furlough everyone else. When an upturn eventually comes they can unfurlough the trainers, get people current in the sim whilst still furloughed (which is allowable under the government rules) and then bring people back onto salary as the flying programme requires.
Not doing something like that and taking any help available whilst it is available would appear to be very bad business sense... I’d rather be paid £2500 per month by the government and still have a job at the end of this than getting my full salary and see the company fold or have to make compulsory redundancies later.
Noticeably the Tui group has already had 1.8 Billion euros from the German government. Whether any of that filters to Tui UK I don’t know, but they have already put staff on half salary and stopped all training courses for those recently recruited.