PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo 777
Thread: Cargo 777
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2020, 20:23
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Weapons Grade
I believe FEDEX have a few T7's in freighter configuration. My understanding talking to the mechanics and drivers in MEM and ANC were that the T7F's were OTS (off the shelf).
Boeing has delivered ~180 777 Freighters - all purpose built freighters based on the 777-200LR with the normal freighter upgrades such as strengthened floor and side cargo door. First deliveries in 2009, FedEx is a major operator but they are well distributed among operators worldwide.
Boeing launched a 777 passenger to freighter conversion program last year - targeting conversion of existing 777-300ER aircraft into freighters as they are replaced by 777X aircraft. However it's not expected to certify and begin commercial service until 2022. So in short, there is currently no Boeing provided 777 P2F conversion available.
I'm unaware of any freighter 777s currently in operations that have converted from passenger configuration, but there might be a couple out there that have been independently modified by STC without direct involvement from Boeing.
BTW, although the Boeing production facilities in Washington state are currently closed, engineering and product support are still active using work from home. Boeing is providing leave with pay for at least two weeks to people who's job requires their presence at the factory, but those who's jobs allow them to work remotely - such as engineering - are expected to do so.