PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas stand down 20,000 employees till end of May
Old 28th Mar 2020, 08:39
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
Well mate they are on a gaurenteed salary and their super is protected by legislation so they are fine. It’s not their cafe’s, hair salons or cleaning businesses being closed. It’s not the Politicians who are being destroyed and devastated at the moment. They aren’t being told to go home with no weekly pay packet. Those f#ckers always have a ‘get out of jail free card’ and escape the pain that everyone else goes through. I don’t recall Morrison, Turnbull, Rudd, Keating, Hawke, Howard, Abbott, Gillard , Whitlam, Frazer, Holt or others fighting in a trench in Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan, do you? Gutless finger pointers who don’t feel the effects of bad decisions. Parasites sitting in their ivory towers in fantasy land of Canberra. Let’s put them in the Centrelink que, take away half of their super and destroy their careers and future. See how they like it. Pr#cks
So would you prefer that we just carry on as normal and kill a few thousand people instead?

I’m on stand down like many others, I don’t expect the government to pay me what I was earning beforehand. I expect to get through this by finding general work or using what savings I have, like a responsible adult should.