PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2020, 14:57
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Welsh Bobby
They did push this out into media yesterday:Easyjet has told us (Thursday, March 26, 2020) the following

‘Customers on cancelled flights can transfer to an alternative flight free of charge or receive a voucher for the value of their booking online or claim a refund through our contact centre.

However, impossible to get through to their
contact centre at present!
I have a booking for a flight on 2nd April, which was cancelled back in 17th March. I went through the "manage disruption" process and selected a refund. I got an e-mail that confirmed my refund was on the way. Until yesterday, the booking showed as 'Refund Pending' but, having read your post, I can see that it has reverted to 'Manage Disruption' and when I select this option, a cannot actually request a refund. It's only £55 so I may well just roll it forward. I'm a flight club member, so when (if) normal service resumes, I should be able to make use of it.

It does seem however, that in their desperation to conserve cash, they are resorting to some pretty underhand strategies. Probably not coincidence that Peter Bellew (ex-Ryanair) is now in post as COO!