PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVID and the Military
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2020, 07:56
ORAC
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Received 1,665 Likes on 766 Posts
COVID and the Military

Thought I’d make it a generic thread. Bound to be outbreaks across numerous countries and services.

https://eu.guampdn.com/story/news/lo...am/2920776001/

23 positive COVID-19 cases from USS Theodore Roosevelt, patients isolated on Guam

There are at least 23 people from the USS Theodore Roosevelt who tested positive for COVID-19, according to Gov. Lou Leon Guerrero.

The aircraft carrier has docked on Guam and testing is underway for the crew, according to officials. There are more than 5,000 aboard the ship and there are about 800 testing kits available with more on the way, Navy officials said Friday.

On Wednesday, four sailors who tested positive for the coronavirus were medically evacuated from the carrier to Naval Hospital Guam. Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly said at a Pentagon news briefing on Friday that several more cases have been identified.

"There were three initial. There were five more that were being flown off the ship," Modly said. "And then there are several others that are in isolation right now and, as I said, the ship is going to be pulling into Guam and they're going to figure out from there who needs to come off, who can stay on looking at the level of symptoms and things like that."

Leon Guerrero said that the ship docked at the furthest dock from the port, and the USS Roosevelt crew will be restricted to the pier. “Please be assured that we are containing the situation,” Leon Guerrero said. "I am assured by (Joint Region Marianas Commander Rear Admiral John Menoni) that no sailors will be out of the base," she said. "They won't even go to the base. They are just quarantined in the pier area." ......