PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots worried about employment 2021
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2020, 01:29
non_state_actor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Except that in the Virgin Widebody EBA there are clauses that state redundancy is to be applied with strict date of joining regardless of fleet. Both the Unions (AFAP and VIPA) are taking that position to the company. This was an issue already before the full impact of the coronavirus was apparent. I suspect it could be a moot point though, as Virgin, in its struggle to survive, could exit widebody flying altogether. A rump 737 domestic (and international as required) operation resumes hopefully without the ineptitude, duplication, and general mismanagement that seems to have characterized much of Virgin's operation over the past decade. But possibly an international and domestic widebody capability is retained to take advantage of any upswing from pent up demand.
My understanding from last time is there was a ruling from a court case that has stopped any redundancy in seniority. You are promoted on seniority but redundancy occurs where the need is, regardless of your position in the company. I suggest you contact the Union and clarify your position if it is going to become a issue for you.