PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A DEBATE THAT MUST BE HAD
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2020, 20:45
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Ken, Qantas is NOT a national airline. It is a Sydney based International carrier with no allegiance to any country except when it suits it.

The classic, glaring, sheer bloody obviousness of this fact is available to view on the Qantas EBA thread on Pprune as late as 3rd March.

Qantas was threatening it’s Long Haul pilots that if they didn’t agree to EBA10 then Qantas would buy new LH aircraft and fly them in a new non Australian entity!

Yet today, Qantas has its hand up for a government bail out claiming to be an Australian f@34ing icon like a Koala bear!

QANTAS CAN’T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!

Furthermore, Qantas has outsourced all its maintenance and overhaul overseas. It employs foreign cabin crew where possible and does everything else it can to minimise exposure to Australian labor costs.

Therefore it is NOT an Australian airline, except when it suits.

My objection to Qantas is also economic. Direct international flights are critical to regional development because overseas investors and customers want fast direct access to industry. Qantas, if it were a national airline, would arrange its schedules to avoid favouring Sydney over other Australian Capitals. It does no such thing.

Then look at its domestic vandalism. International Tourism in Noosa and Hamilton Island was killed when the Qantas flights to Maroochydore and Hammy were substituted with Jetstar just ask them.

Qantas contributes nothing to Australia whatsoever except local jobs that are worth less than the car industry we had. I guess Holden, Toyota and Nissan wouldn’t have been “let go” if they had Chairman’s lounges.

As for the Chairman’s lounge, I hope it’s turned into a Coronavirus hotbed. It’s sheer bribery.

QANTAS EA10 BUSTED.......A SECRET RIN