PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the hiring boom over?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2020, 14:35
weimaraners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone thinking on getting a job in any type of airline in EU land anytime soon is just dreaming on. Not stating just my own opinion, but also stating reality facts. Have a little research on how many airline have disappeard in just last 3 years: Monarch, Air Berlin, WOW, Germania, Primera Air, Cobalt, XL , Aigle azur, Air italy, flybe... that's just in EU in 3 years. It gives cold chills down my spine.

Is true the saying in aviation that "In hiring/good times you compete with 100s of pilots, and in bad times you compete with 1000s of pilots". So the reality is that there is a lot of experienced chaps on all types (737/320/330 etc) with thousands of hours of commercial flying that are or will be looking for a job. For a new CPL pilot i can not imagine a worst scenario at this moment.

Be really wise on the decision to embark on a career flying in this exact moment, as it could be said without exagerating that even if you would start training now from scratch you are likely to never find a job. How long the recovery will take nobody can tell, as no one can see the future.